1. Heat a medium pan over a medium high flame.
2. Dry roast the first six ingredients until the aroma of the spices fills the kitchen
3. Tip the spices into a clean and dry grinder or food processor bowl. Let cool.
4. Grind into a fine powder and store in an airtight container.
5. Use this masala to marinate chicken for tandoori.
The secret for a perfect tandoori preparation is a freshly ground spice mix that adds tons of flavor and aroma to the meat. While there are several brands of packaged spice mixes available in the market, why not make it at home when it is so easy. Follow the simple recipe to enjoy restaurant style tandoori at home.