|Plain boiled rice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Mustard seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Hing||1 Pinch (Asafetida)|
|Dry coconut||1 Tablespoon, sliced|
|Channa dal||1 Tablespoon|
|Garam masala||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Red chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Juice of lemon||2 Tablespoon|
|Coriander leaves||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet or wok and when hot, to it add raw peanuts. Fry them until light brown color.
2. Once peanuts are fried, using a slotted spoon, remove them to other bowl.
3. In the same oil add sliced coconut and fry until it gets light brown color. Remove it out into a separate bowl.
4. In the same oil add mustard seeds, let them crackle and pop
5. Next add cumin seeds, and let them sizzle, then add in hing.
6. Add chopped garlic and sauté it for about a minute.
7. Stir in the chana dal and cook until lightly browned
8. Add curry leaves, mix and lower the heat at this point of time.
9. Tip in the spices, mix well and cook for just about a minute.
10. Add boiled rice and toss gently but mix well with the masala.
11. Add salt to taste, lemon juice, coriander leaves and mix well.
12. Garnish the rice with fried peanuts and coconut just before serving it.
13. Serve hot with cool yogurt or Raita!
Calories 668 Calories from Fat 249
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g32.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 254.3 mg10.6%
Total Carbohydrates 91 g30.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.5%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 14 g27.3%
Vitamin A 13.1% Vitamin C 19.5%
Calcium 8.2% Iron 38.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet