Marshmallow Popcorn Balls
|Marshmallows||10 Ounce (32 Large Ones, 1 Package)|
|Butter/Margarine||4 Tablespoon (1/2 Stick)|
|Green food color||3 Drop|
|Freshly popped popcorn||4 Cup (64 tbs) (Unsalted)|
1) In the top of a double boiler, place together marshmallows and butter or margarine.
2) Cook, stirring often, over simmering water 15 minutes, or until marshmallows melts.
3) Mix in a few drops food coloring to color light green.
4) In a large bowl, place the popcorns and gently stream the hot mixture, toss with a wooden spoon until evenly coated.
5) Place into 16 mounds evenly on wax paper.
6) Apply butter on hands lightly and shape into balls.
7) Cut with slivered red candied cherries and silver candies, if you wish. Place on wire racks until firm.
8) Serve as desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1393 Calories from Fat 438
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g76.7%
Saturated Fat 31 g154.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 129 mg43%
Sodium 233.4 mg9.7%
Total Carbohydrates 243 g80.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.28 g1.1%
Sugars 163.2 g
Protein 8 g15.2%
Vitamin A 30% Vitamin C
Calcium 2.3% Iron 3.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet