Marshmallow Popcorn Balls
|Marshmallows||10 Ounce (32 Large Ones, 1 Package)|
|Butter/Margarine||4 Tablespoon (1/2 Stick)|
|Green food color||3 Drop|
|Freshly popped popcorn||4 Cup (64 tbs) (Unsalted)|
1) In the top of a double boiler, place together marshmallows and butter or margarine.
2) Cook, stirring often, over simmering water 15 minutes, or until marshmallows melts.
3) Mix in a few drops food coloring to color light green.
4) In a large bowl, place the popcorns and gently stream the hot mixture, toss with a wooden spoon until evenly coated.
5) Place into 16 mounds evenly on wax paper.
6) Apply butter on hands lightly and shape into balls.
7) Cut with slivered red candied cherries and silver candies, if you wish. Place on wire racks until firm.
8) Serve as desired.