Chocolate-Dipped Marshmallow Wands
|Pretzel rods||12 (6- To 8-Inch In Size)|
|White candy coating/White almond bark||6 Ounce (6 Squares)|
|White almond bark/White candy coating||6 Ounce (Use Squares, 1 Ounce Each)|
|Powdered food coloring||1⁄4 Teaspoon (In Assorted Colors, Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Decorative sprinkles||1 Tablespoon|
|Candy decorations||2 Tablespoon|
Let’s make marshmallow wands!
1. Insert a craft stick or the end of a butter knife into one end of each marshmallow to create a small opening for the pretzel. Insert a pretzel rod into each marshmallow and place on a foil- or parchment paper–lined cookie sheet.
2. Melt the candy coating or almond bark according to the package directions. Remove from the heat and cool for 5 minutes. Divide the melted candy among several bowls and add a different color of powdered food coloring to each. Stir with a spoon to blend.
3. Dip each marshmallow into a different color of candy coating and decorate with assorted sprinkles and sugars. Place each wand back on the cookie sheet and freeze uncovered for 15 minutes.
4. Cover the wands and store in freezer up to 8 hours.
5. Remove from the freezer and thaw for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
This recipe has been excerpted from Barbara Beery’s Pink Princess Party Cookbook. To purchase this book visit, KidsCookingShop.com.
Calories 229 Calories from Fat 95
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g16%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4.8 mg1.6%
Sodium 204 mg8.5%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g10.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.75 g3%
Sugars 22.3 g
Protein 3 g5.5%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 0.12%
Calcium 5% Iron 0.28%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet