Gooseberry Orange Marmalade
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Gooseberries||1 1⁄2 Quart|
|Powdered fruit pectin||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Sugar||7 Cup (112 tbs)|
1. Using a vegetable peeler, peel the orange part of orange skin; cut into thin strips.
2. Remove and discard remaining orange peel; chop pulp discarding seeds.
3. Clean gooseberries by removing stems and tail.
4. In a mixer grinder, grind gooseberries.
5. In saucepan, cook orange peel strips in water until they are tender.
6. Add chopped orange pulp and cook for another 10 minutes.
7. Stir in ground gooseberries; measure the mixture, should be 5 ½ cups or add water to make up volume.
8. Into a large saucepan, transfer the measured gooseberry mixture and stir in pectin; boil for another 1 minute.
9. Into hot sterilized jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top.
10. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
11. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for 5 minutes.
12. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
13. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
14. Spread Gooseberry Orange Marmalade over bread and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6502 Calories from Fat 78
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.3%
Saturated Fat 0.68 g3.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 184.3 mg7.7%
Total Carbohydrates 1667 g555.7%
Dietary Fiber 77.9 g311.7%
Sugars 1435.3 g
Protein 16 g31.1%
Vitamin A 100.3% Vitamin C 955.2%
Calcium 54.7% Iron 40%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet