Pineapple Carrot Marmalade
|Carrots||4 Pound, peeled|
|Canned crushed pineapple||20 Ounce (1 can, 2 cups)|
|Sugar||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a food chopper, chop carrots and seeded unpeeled lemons.
2. In a large saucepan, mix together carrot mixture, pineapple, sugar and orange juice; cook with occasional stirring until mixture is clear.
3. Into hot sterilized jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top.
4. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
5. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for 5 minutes.
6. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
7. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
8. Spread Orange Marmalade over toast and serve or let kids enjoy them alone.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4354 Calories from Fat 45
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.3%
Saturated Fat 0.8 g4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1259.8 mg52.5%
Total Carbohydrates 1109 g369.6%
Dietary Fiber 65.1 g260.6%
Sugars 991.2 g
Protein 22 g43.7%
Vitamin A 6072.9% Vitamin C 608.4%
Calcium 74% Iron 40.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet