2. In a kettle, place cranberries and add water; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Stir in banana and sugar; boil for 1 minute with constant stirring over entire bottom of kettle to prevent scorching.
4. Remove kettle from heat and stir in pectin; skim top.
5. Into hot sterilized jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top.
6. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
7. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for 5 minutes.
8. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
9. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
10. Spread Cranberry Banana Marmalade over toast and serve.