Cranberry Banana Marmalade
|Cranberries||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bananas||6 Medium, mashed|
|Sugar||7 Cup (112 tbs)|
|Liquid fruit pectin||1 Ounce (1 bottle)|
1. Wash cranberries.
2. In a kettle, place cranberries and add water; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Stir in banana and sugar; boil for 1 minute with constant stirring over entire bottom of kettle to prevent scorching.
4. Remove kettle from heat and stir in pectin; skim top.
5. Into hot sterilized jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top.
6. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
7. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for 5 minutes.
8. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
9. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
10. Spread Cranberry Banana Marmalade over toast and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6157 Calories from Fat 21
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g3.9%
Saturated Fat 0.72 g3.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 14.8 mg0.6%
Total Carbohydrates 1591 g530.3%
Dietary Fiber 36.4 g145.7%
Sugars 1489.9 g
Protein 8 g16.5%
Vitamin A 13% Vitamin C 184.6%
Calcium 7.9% Iron 15.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet