|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (adjust quantity as needed)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs) (adjust quantity as needed)|
1. Wash whole fruits and without peeling, thinly slice them.
2. Remove seeds and cores.
3. Measure sliced fruit in cups and keep in a large bowl; for every cup of fruit, add 3 cups of cold water and let stand for 24 hours.
4. Next morning, in a saucepan heat mixture until it boils and then boil for 15 minutes; let stand again for 24 hours.
5. On the third day, in a large saucepan, take 3 cups of mixture and add 3 cups of sugar; over high heat boil mixture for 20 minutes with frequent stirring until jellying point.
6. Stir and skim top.
7. Immediately can this batch of Amber Marmalade and repeat process with remaining fruit mixture in 3 batches.
8. Into hot sterilized jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top.
9. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
10. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for 5 minutes.
11. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
12. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
13. Spread Amber Marmalade over toast and serve or use for making desserts.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 938 Calories from Fat 7
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.77 g1.2%
Saturated Fat 0.1 g0.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1.7 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 244 g81.5%
Dietary Fiber 9.5 g37.9%
Sugars 214.4 g
Protein 3 g6.5%
Vitamin A 21.3% Vitamin C 357.7%
Calcium 14.6% Iron 4.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet