Tomato Citrus Marmalade
|Ripe tomatoes||4 Quart, peeled|
|Cinnamon stick||1⁄2 Ounce|
|Whole cloves||1⁄4 Ounce|
1. Chop tomatoes into small pieces.
2. Drain half of the juice and weigh the rest.
3. Measure equal quantity of sugar and mix with tomatoes.
4. Cut oranges and lemons into very thin slices; cut each slice into quarter and discard seeds.
5. In a cheesecloth bag, loosely tie all spices.
6. In a large saucepan, mix together tomato-sugar mixture with lemon and orange slices; add the spice bag.
7. Over high heat, cook with frequent stirring until jellying point.
8. Remove and discard spice bag.
9. Into hot sterilized jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top.
10. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
11. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for 5 minutes.
12. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
13. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
14. Use Tomato Citrus Marmalade as topping for savory dishes like sandwiches or burgers.