Ground Cherry Marmalade
|Ground cherries||3 Cup (48 tbs) (also called husk tomatoes)|
|Pears||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked, drained and diced finely|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Crushed pineapple||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), drained|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (2 lemons)|
|Sugar||7 Cup (112 tbs)|
|Liquid fruit pectin||3 Ounce (1/2 bottle)|
1. Husk ground cherries and wash.
2. In a large saucepan, simmer pears in water for 25 minutes.
3. Stir in pineapple, lemon juice and sugar; over high heat bring the mixture to a full rolling boil.
4. Stir in pectin and boil again over high heat for 3 minutes.
5. Remove pan from heat and skim top.
6. Into hot sterilized jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top.
7. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
8. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for 5 minutes.
9. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
10. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
11. Spread Ground Cherry Marmalade over toast and serve.