Lemon Carrot Marmalade
|Carrots||12 Large, grated for 9 cups|
|Sugar||9 Cup (144 tbs)|
|Lemons||3 , freshly squeezed|
|Orange||1 , freshly juiced|
1) Scrape the carrots and grate them coarsely.
2) In a pan, combine the carrots with an equal measure of sugar and allow to stand overnight.
3) Stir in the lemon and orange juice and salt.
4) Bring the mixture to a boil and then simmer over a low heat for 2 hours.
5) Stir the mixture frequently and skim occasionally.
6) Ladle the 6 oz marmalade into hot sterilized glasses and seal immediately.
7) Use the Lemon Carrot Marmalade as required.