|Finely sliced orange rind/Lemon rind slivers||6 Tablespoon (3/8 Cup)|
|Slivered lemon rind/Lemon rind slivers||6 Tablespoon (3/8 Cup)|
|Orange rind squares||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon rind squares||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cold water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Hot water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Orange pieces/Lemon pieces||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Sugar||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Liquid fruit pectin||3 Ounce (1/2 Of A 6 Ounce Bottle)|
1) Rinse the oranges and lemons.
2) Take the rind off the oranges in quarters or sixths. Place the sliced rinds on a flat surface and pull off their white fiber.
3) With a sharp knife slice the rind into very fine slivers. Let the slivers be about 1-inch in length.
4) Transfer the orange and lemon rinds into a saucepan. Add in enough water to cover. Let the mixture simmer for about 5 minutes.
5) Drain the liquid and reserve the rind.
6) Ready a cup of lemon and orange square rinds. Add into the blender along with 1/2 of cold water. Use the chop blade and pulse the uncooked rinds to coarse chop.
7) Drain the mixture. Throw away the liquid and transfer the drained rinds into a 4 1/2 to 5-quart saucepan. Add in 1 1/2 cups of hot water and 1/8 teaspoon soda.
8) Let the mixture come to a boil. Put a lid on and simmer for 20 minutes.
9) Meanwhile, remove the white fiber from the oranges and lemons. Slice them into 1/8ths.
10) In the blender, using chop blade, blend the orange and lemon pieces, about a cup at a time. Pulse to coarsely chop.
11) Transfer the coarsely chopped fruits into a saucepan. Add in the rind. Also, add in the slivered, drained rind and sugar. Give the mixture a good stir.
12) Let the mixture come to a rolling boil. Continue to boil for a minute while stirring constantly.
13) Take the pan off the flame. Immediately, add in the pectin. If need be, skim the surface of the mixture. Let cool for 5 minutes.
14) Stir well and store in jars. Cover with hot paraffin to preserve.
15) Serve the Orange Marmalade over toast, with pancakes and even as cake frosting.