Wenatchee Apple Marmalade
|Apples||6 Pound, cut into juliennes|
|Orange||1 , rind grated and juice extracted|
|Lemons||1 , rind grated and juice extracted|
|Water||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Ground ginger||2 Teaspoon|
1) In a saucepan, mix together apples, sugar, rind and juice of orange and lemon, water and ginger.
2) Heat the apple mixture to a boil.
3) Cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
4) While cooking if the apple mixture is dry add more water to prevent burning.
5) Spoon the apple mixture into a sterilized jar.
6) Stir a small spoon in the jar, to escape the trapped air bubbles if any.
7) Allow the mixture to cool down and seal with sterilized lids.
8) Place the jar in refrigerator.
9) Serve as desired.