Seville Orange Marmalade
|Seville oranges||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon (Extracted From 1 Fruit)|
1. Clean the Seville oranges. Using a knife, cut in half and squeeze out the juice.
2. Put all the pips in a muslin cloth; slice the peel very finely (or mince).
3. In a preserving pan, add orange juice, lemon juice, sliced peel and pips; add water.
4. Allow it to come to a boil and lower heat and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, until the peel is very soft. Remove muslin bag of pips, squeeze out and discard.
5. Put in sugar and mix well. Boil for 5 more minutes, stirring continuously.
6. Remove and let the mixture cool down to room temperature. Then chill for an hour.
7. Serve as an accompaniment for toasts.