Seville Orange Marmalade
|Seville oranges||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon (Extracted From 1 Fruit)|
1. Clean the Seville oranges. Using a knife, cut in half and squeeze out the juice.
2. Put all the pips in a muslin cloth; slice the peel very finely (or mince).
3. In a preserving pan, add orange juice, lemon juice, sliced peel and pips; add water.
4. Allow it to come to a boil and lower heat and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, until the peel is very soft. Remove muslin bag of pips, squeeze out and discard.
5. Put in sugar and mix well. Boil for 5 more minutes, stirring continuously.
6. Remove and let the mixture cool down to room temperature. Then chill for an hour.
7. Serve as an accompaniment for toasts.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5671 Calories from Fat 20
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.2%
Saturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 0.15 mg0.01%
Total Carbohydrates 1460 g486.6%
Dietary Fiber 20.5 g81.9%
Sugars 1380.4 g
Protein 9 g17.8%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 11.5%
Calcium 1.5% Iron 0.78%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet