|Peeled grated carrots||8 Ounce|
|Raw cane granulated sugar||1 Pound|
1) Rinse and dry the lemon and orange.
2) Then, grate the rind from both.
3) From one lemon, squeeze the juice out.
4) Peel the orange, remove the pith and then segment. After this, chop the flesh.
5) In a very large bowl, combine the grated carrot, grated rind, lemon juice, chopped orange, sugar and water.
6) On high power, cook for 2 minutes, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
7) On high power, cook uncovered for 5 minutes.
8) Stir again. Then, cook for 10 minutes or until the syrup achieves the desired consistency.
9) Transfer to jars and tightly seal them.
10) Serve the Carrot Marmalade on toasts. You can also use this as a glaze for pork or chicken.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1933 Calories from Fat 9
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.6%
Saturated Fat 0.15 g0.73%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 158.2 mg6.6%
Total Carbohydrates 500 g166.6%
Dietary Fiber 12.9 g51.6%
Sugars 478.5 g
Protein 4 g7.8%
Vitamin A 765.2% Vitamin C 216%
Calcium 18.3% Iron 7.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet