Four Citrus Marmalade
|Citric acid||5 Milliliter|
|Clementine oranges||450 Gram|
|Granulated sugar||2 3⁄4 Kilogram|
1) Rinse the fruit in water.
2) Skin grapefruit and lemons and remove pith.
3) Cut pulp and peels into slivers or juliennes.
4) Cut the kumquats.
5) Half the oranges, squeeze out the juice and then slice the peel into sticks.
6) In a large sauce pan, pour water and citric acid and then add in grapefruit and lemon pulp and peels, kumquats and orange juice.
7) Tie the pith and seeds in a cheesecloth and add to the fruit in pan.
8) Allow the mixture to come to a boil and then minimize heat.
9) Simmer the mixture to reduce to half the liquid volume.
10) Take off the cheesecloth and wash under cold water.
11) Cut the cloth open and save for later use.
12) Allow the fruit to simmer for 1 1/2 hours over very low heat.
13) Bring the mixture to a boil after adding in sugar and reserved orange peel.
14) Further quickly simmer for 20 minutes and then discard any scum.
15) Keep aside for 30 minutes and then store in jars.
16) Cover or seal the jars tightly, labeling with production date.
17) Use as required.