Combination Citrus Marmalade
|Water||7 1⁄2 Cup (120 tbs)|
|Sugar||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
1) Rinse the fruit and cut them in half crosswise.
2) Take off the seeds and membrane in the middle of each.
3) Crush the un-peeled fruit in meat grinder or food processor using steel chopping blade after cutting the fruit in quarters.
4) In a large Dutch oven, mix fruit and water and bring to boil.
5) Lower the heat and boil for 10 minutes.
6) Cool after removing from heat and keep aside, covered, overnight.
7) On the next day, sprinkle sugar to this fruit mixture.
8) Cook the mixture over medium heat for about 1 hour until the temperature reaches 220° on candy thermometer.
9) Allow to cool to 190° after removing from heat.
10) Take hot sterilized jars and pour the marmalade into this, leaving 1/8-inch headspace.
11) Using metal lids, cover them and for 10 minutes, process in boiling-water bath.
12) Serve with toast.