|Thinly sliced lemons||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Tightly Packed For Measuring)|
|Sliced lemon peel||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Sugar||4 1⁄4 Cup (68 tbs)|
1) Discard the seeds from lemon slices.
2) In a saucepan, put sliced lemon, peel and water and bring to a boil.
3) Uncover and boil rapidly for 20 minutes making up to 5 1/2 cups of liquid and fruit.
4) Simmer again for 5 minutes and then add in sugar.
5) Allow the mixture to sheet from side of spoon by cooking quickly for 30 minutes.
6) If desired, add in cherries and let cool for 5 minutes.
7) Seal after pouring into hot sterilized jars.
8) Use as required.
Calories 846 Calories from Fat 3
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.3 g0.47%
Saturated Fat 0.04 g0.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 3.4 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 224 g74.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.7%
Sugars 212.8 g
Protein 1 g2.5%
Vitamin A 0.7% Vitamin C 139.7%
Calcium 7.2% Iron 4.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet