|Oranges||12 (Not Too Ripe, But Firm)|
1. Slice the ends of the oranges and lemons and then slice thinly along with the peel.
2. Remove the pips and discard them.
3. Measure the fruit and add to a large pan.
4. Add half as much water to the pan.
5. Cover and let oranges soak overnight.
6. Place the pan over a medium flame and bring the mixture to a boil.
7. Simmer until the oranges are tender
8. Take off the flame and measure or weight the fruit mixture.
9. Add 1 pound sugar to each pound of fruit.
10. Return the pan to the stove and boil the mixture for almost 20 minutes until it is thick and viscous and leave a tail when stirred.
11. Bottle in sterilized jars and store in a cool dry place.
12. Serve marmalade for breakfast or use as required in cooking.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1005 Calories from Fat 43
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.8%
Saturated Fat 0.61 g3.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 10.4 mg0.4%
Total Carbohydrates 272 g90.8%
Dietary Fiber 62.1 g248.6%
Sugars 189.4 g
Protein 18 g35.1%
Vitamin A 87.9% Vitamin C 1877.6%
Calcium 103.3% Iron 23.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet