|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Lime juice/Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Liquid fruit pectin||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
1) Remove a quarter of the rind from the fruit leaving half of the inner white portion of the rind intact.
2) Cut the rind into 1 -1 ½ inch pieces and keep aside.
3) Take a bowl and seed the fruit before sectioning and dicing it. The juice of the membrane needs to be squeezed out.
4) Keep it aside.
5) Take a Dutch oven, 8 quarts in size and boil the rind with water and soda.
6) Decrease the heat, put lid on and allow it to simmer for 20 minutes stirring frequently.
7) Add the fruit and juice to it.
8) Simmer for 10 minutes more after placing lid.
9) Add sugar and lemon juice stirring them in.
10) Put the heat up ad bring to a full boil.
11) Keep boiling for a minute while stirring continuously.
12) Remove from flame and stir the pectin in at once.
13) Remove the foam with a metal spoon.
14) Stir and skim off foam alternately for 7 minutes.
15) Take heated sterilized jars and pour mixture in them leaving ½ inch gap on the top.
16) Cover it with paraffin layer 1/8 inch in thickness.
17) Serve as required.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4125 Calories from Fat 9
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.7%
Saturated Fat 0.14 g0.69%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 174.3 mg7.3%
Total Carbohydrates 1064 g354.8%
Dietary Fiber 11.9 g47.4%
Sugars 1030.8 g
Protein 4 g8%
Vitamin A 39.6% Vitamin C 389.9%
Calcium 18.7% Iron 4.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet