Whiskey Marmalade Chicken
|Chicken breasts||2 , cut into pieces|
|Onion||1⁄2 , finely chopped|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Orange marmalade||2 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice/Lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a medium skillet, heat the oil and butter.
2. When hot, sauté the chicken pieces until evenly browned on all sides.
3. Add the onion, pepper and salt and sauté for 2 minutes until the onion is soft and transparent.
4. Pour the whiskey and flambé the chicken. Stand away from the stove when doing this. When the flames have reduced, stir in the orange marmalade until it dissolves in the liquid.
5. When the chicken is tender, stir in the orange juice and cayenne pepper.
6. The flambéing can be done at the table as well.
7. Serve the chicken over brown rice and steamed vegetables.