|Sugar||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Minced preserved ginger||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Remove peel and white membrane from oranges; coarsely chop oranges to make about 1 1/2 cups. From orange peel, trim off as much white part as possible; cut peel into long, thin strips (about 2" by 1/8") to make about 3/4 cup, loosely packed. Peel, core, and coarsely chop pears to make about 14 cups.
2. In 8-quart Dutch oven or heavy saucepot over high heat, heat pears and oranges, orange peel, sugar, and remaining marmalade ingredients to boiling, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium-high; cook, uncovered, stirring frequently, until very thick, about 45 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, prepare jars and caps for processing .
4. With spoon, skim off foam from marmalade. Immediately ladle hot marmalade into hot jars to 1/4 inch from top (keep mixture simmering while filling jars). Close jars as manufacturer directs.
5. Process jars in boiling-water bath 15 minutes; cool jars and test for airtight seal