Ripe Tomato Marmalade
|Peeled sliced tomatoes||3 Quart|
|Sugar||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Whole cloves||2 Teaspoon|
1. Mix the tomatoes, sugar and salt in a large kettle and set aside.
2. Peel the oranges and lemons and slice the peel very thin. Boil the peel in the water for five minutes and drain. Add peel to the tomatoes.
3. Slice the orange and lemon pulp, remove the seeds and add to the tomatoes.
4. Tie the cinnamon and cloves in a cheesecloth and add to the tomatoes.
5. Heat the tomato mixture to a boil. Cook rapidly, stirring almost constantly, until thickened, forty-five minutes or longer.
6. Remove the spice bag. Pour the marmalade into hot sterile jars and seal. Store in a cool, dry, dark place
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5481 Calories from Fat 10
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.7%
Saturated Fat 0.15 g0.76%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2702.4 mg112.6%
Total Carbohydrates 1364 g454.5%
Dietary Fiber 60.8 g243.1%
Sugars 1228.2 g
Protein 26 g51.4%
Vitamin A 551.8% Vitamin C 1140.6%
Calcium 159.2% Iron 11.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet