Stuffed Shells Marinara
|Jumbo pasta shells||6 Ounce (24 nos., 1/2 of a 12-ounce box)|
|Green onions||2 , finely chopped|
|Canned peeled tomatoes||16 Ounce, drained (1 can)|
|Basil leaf||1 Tablespoon, crumbled|
|Low fat cottage cheese||1 Pound|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Pinch (to taste)|
1. For the stuffing mix the cottage cheese, 1/2 teaspoon salt, parmesan cheese, parsley and nutmeg and keep it aside, covered.
2. In a 2 quart microwave safe bowl put the green onion and microwave at full power for 2 minutes, stirring once, covered with wax paper.
3. Mix the tomatoes, breaking it up slightly with a spoon; add the basil and the 1 teaspoon of salt and cover with wax paper.
5. Cook in the microwave for 10 minutes at full power, stirring once.
6. Remove it and leave it to rest for a few minutes uncovered.
7. Follow the directions on the package and cook the pasta shells (about 9 to 10 minutes), drain and avoid overcooking as it will break later.
8. Stuff the shells with the cheese mixture arrange them on a 9 inch microwave safe round (or square or rectangle) dish.
9. Pour the sauce over the pasta, cover with wax paper and microwave for 4 minutes at half power.
10. Turn the dish a little bit to make sure it cooks evenly from all sides and microwave again for 4 to 6 minutes at half power more, or until bubbling hot.
11. Serve hot with grated cheese of your choice, preferable parmesan or mozzarella.