|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped onion||1 Medium|
|Garlic bud||1 , minced|
|Unsalted tomato sauce||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Canned salt less tomato paste||12 Ounce (2 Cans Of 6 Ounce Each Or 1 1/2 Cups)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Crushed dried oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Crushed dried basil||1 Teaspoon|
1) In a medium size saucepan, heat the olive oil.
2) Put the onion and garlic and sautÃ© until soft, translucent and a golden brown in color.
3) Combine all the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
4) Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered and cook for at least 2 hours.
5) Store in a nonmetal container in the refrigerator.
6) Use as desired.