|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), lightly bruised|
|Canned plum tomatoes||112 Ounce, drained and coarsely chopped (Four 28 Ounce Cans)|
|Dry red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flat-leaf parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Basil leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), torn in half|
|Dried oregano||2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
1) In a large heavy pot, over medium-low heat, heat oil and sauté garlic in it for 3 to 4 minutes until it colors slightly but does not burn.
2) Take it off from heat and mix in tomatoes and wine carefully.
3) Place the pot back to medium heat and then add in parsley, basil, oregano, salt, pepper, and sugar, stirring well.
4) Uncover and simmer the mixture for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5) Use as required at once or store covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.