|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), lightly bruised|
|Canned plum tomatoes||112 Ounce, drained and coarsely chopped (Four 28 Ounce Cans)|
|Dry red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flat-leaf parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Basil leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), torn in half|
|Dried oregano||2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
1) In a large heavy pot, over medium-low heat, heat oil and sauté garlic in it for 3 to 4 minutes until it colors slightly but does not burn.
2) Take it off from heat and mix in tomatoes and wine carefully.
3) Place the pot back to medium heat and then add in parsley, basil, oregano, salt, pepper, and sugar, stirring well.
4) Uncover and simmer the mixture for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5) Use as required at once or store covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1454 Calories from Fat 510
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g84.6%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g20.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 7692.7 mg320.5%
Total Carbohydrates 170 g56.5%
Dietary Fiber 33.7 g134.6%
Sugars 86.7 g
Protein 32 g63.1%
Vitamin A 471.8% Vitamin C 896%
Calcium 81% Iron 36.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet