Pasta with Summer Marinara Sauce
|Rigatoni/Rotini / thin spaghetti||8 Ounce|
|Butter/Margarine||6 Tablespoon (Divided)|
|Finely chopped shallots||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||12 Medium, peeled, seeded and juiced over strainer, and chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Sugar||1 Teaspoon (Or To Taste)|
|Snipped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Snipped fresh basil||2 Tablespoon|
1. Take a 6-quart stockpot or Dutch oven, add 3 quarts boiling salted water and cook pasta for 8 to 10 minutes or till it turns firm tender. Drain excessive water.
2. Melt 4 tbsp butter in the same Dutch oven on medium to low heat.
3. Stir in shallot and cook for 3 minutes or till they turn tender.
4. Add garlic and non-drained tomatoes and cook on low heat, covered, for 30 minutes or till tomatoes can be mashed using a spoon. Stir intermittently.
5. Season using pepper and salt.
6. If required, add sugar.
7. Add basil and parsley.
8. Whisk the rest of the butter and melt till it blends well.
10. Top pasta with sauce and serve.