Tossed Vegetable Marinade
|Fresh green beans||1⁄2 Pound|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Broccoli bunch||1 Pound|
|Cauliflower head||1 Medium, head, broken into flowerets|
|Carrots||1⁄2 Pound, cut into 3-inch strips|
|Canned artichoke hearts||14 Ounce, drained and halved|
|Sliced fresh mushrooms||1⁄4 Pound|
|Vegetable oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Ground oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Wash and trim the ends of beans. Remove strings. Cut them in 3 inch pieces.
2) Take a saucepan and boil 1 cup water in it. Add beans and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 5 minutes. Drain and cool.
3) Trim off all large leaves from broccoli. Also, remove the tough ends from stalks.
4) Clean broccoli thoroughly. Cut off florets (reserving stems for later) and place in a large size mixing bowl.
5) Add cauliflower, beans, artichoke hearts, carrots, cherry tomatoes and mushrooms. Set aside.
6) Combine all the remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour mixture over vegetables and toss gently.
7) Cover and chill the salad for at least 8 hours or overnight.
8) Toss again and serve immediately.
Calories 249 Calories from Fat 165
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.8%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g12.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 408.2 mg17%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.4%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 5 g9.3%
Vitamin A 88.1% Vitamin C 134.4%
Calcium 6.5% Iron 7.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet