|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Yeast||30 Gram (2 packages, granular or compressed)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Flour||8 Cup (128 tbs), sifted|
|Confectioners' sugar frosting||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a bowl, cream margarine and sugar together.
2. Add eggs and salt to the creamed mixture.
3. Sprinkle granular yeast over warm water, as warm as 110°.
4. Stir to blend it well.
5. Add dissolved yeast with remaining water and flour to creamed mixture.
6. Knead the mixture until it becomes smooth.
7. Pour the batter in a greased bowl and allow it to rise until doubled.
8. Then, turn it out on top of a floured board.
9. Roll to the dough in a way that it is 1/4" thick. Cut it into strips or circles.
10. Allow it to rise for another hour.
11. Then, fry it in deep fat at 375°F.
12. Drain extra oil on paper towels.
13. Frost the sticks with maple flavored confectioners sugar frosting before serving.
Calories 479 Calories from Fat 103
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.7%
Saturated Fat 5.6 g28.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 55.4 mg18.5%
Sodium 202.8 mg8.5%
Total Carbohydrates 82 g27.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.8%
Sugars 17.8 g
Protein 10 g19.9%
Vitamin A 5.5% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 2% Iron 22.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet