Fragrant Rice with Mango Puree
|Basmati rice||2 Ounce (50 Gram, 1/3 Cup)|
|Semi skimmed milk||2 1⁄2 Pint (1.5 Liter, 6 Cups)|
|Demerara sugar||2 Ounce (1/3 Cup, 50 Gram)|
|Sultanas||2 Ounce (1/3 Cup, 50 Gram)|
|Rose water||1 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Flaked almonds||3⁄4 Ounce, toasted (20 Gram, Scant 1/4 Cup)|
|Pistachio nuts||3⁄4 Ounce, chopped (20 Gram, Scant 1/4 Cup)|
1. Using a sharp knife, peel, slice and stone the mangoes.
2. Preheat the oven to 150°C/300°F/ Gas 2. Put the basmati rice in an ovenproof dish. Boil the milk then pour it over the rice. Bake uncovered for 2 hours until the rice has become soft and mushy.
3. Remove the dish from the oven and stir in the demerara sugar and sultanas, with half the rosewater. Crush the cardamom pods, extract the seeds and stir them into the rice mixture. Allow to cool.
4. Place the mango flesh in a blender or food processor. Add the orange juice and remaining rosewater. Blend until smooth.
5. Divide the mango puree among six individual glass serving dishes. Spoon the rice pudding mixture evenly over the top. Leave to chill thoroughly in the fridge or a cool place.
6. When ready to serve, scatter the toasted almonds and chopped pistachio nuts over the top of each pudding.