|Mango||1 Kilogram, peeled and cut|
|Citric acid||1 Teaspoon|
|Chunnam||20 Gram (Lime)|
1. Prick the mango pieces with a sharp needle.
2. Dissolve the lime in water, and soak pieces in this for 8 hours or overnight.
3. Strain the lime water, and discard; then wash pieces in fresh water 2-3 times. Tie the pieces in a thin muslin cloth, and dip in boiling water for 5-7 minutes. Remove from water, and spread the pieces on a fresh piece of cloth to dry. Weigh the pieces - they should be 1 kg.
4. Dissolve the sugar in water, add the citric acid, and boil for 2-3 minutes. Remove the scum that forms on top. Remove syrup from fire, and strain.
5. Boil the syrup until a one thread consistency is reached. Add the mango pieces, and simmer further for 3-5 minutes or until the pieces are coated with a syrup which will be very sticky. Remove from fire.
6. Cool and bottle.
Calories 2098 Calories from Fat 6
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.67 g1%
Saturated Fat 0.16 g0.82%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 5 mg0.2%
Total Carbohydrates 542 g180.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18%
Sugars 536.6 g
Protein 1 g2.6%
Vitamin A 38.3% Vitamin C 116.4%
Calcium 3% Iron 2.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet