Smoked Gouda Macaroni and Cheese - Part One
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onions||1 Small, dice|
|Garlic cloves||1 Large, chop|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Smoked paprika||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Dark beer||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Gouda cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Macaroni||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked and drained|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Crackers||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), crumbled|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
2. In a pan on the stove, add vegetable oil.
3. Add onions and let it sweat.
4. Add the garlic and stir.
5. Add the cayenne pepper, chili powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder and cinnamon and stir. Keep on medium heat.
6. Add the dark beer and cook till alcohol cooks off and reduce the liquid.
7. Add cream bit by bit and stir well.
8. Take off heat so the cream doesn't boil over.
9. Add cream cheese and melt while whisking to get a smooth consistency.
10. Add smoked gouda cheese bit by bit and stir.
11. Put the pan back on the heat while making sure it doesn't get too hot.
12. Add black pepper and salt and stir well to combine.
13. Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and stir well.
14. In a bowl, mix the butter and crumbled crackers.
15. Add the dish to a plate.
16. Sprinkle the buttered cracker over the pasta.
17. Pop into the oven for 5-6 minutes until the top is light brown.
18. Serve hot.