Macaroni and cheese is very easy to make and a classic comfort food loved by adults and children as well!
Large elbow macaroni
8 Ounce, cooked
12 Ounce, grated
3 Cup (48 tbs)
Panko bread crumbs
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large pan, melt 3 tablespoons of butter.
3. Add the flour and whisk for 1 to 2 minutes to cook the flour.
4. Whisk in the milk and cook, whisking constantly, until you have a lump-less, smooth white sauce.
5. Add the mustard and cayenne. Mix well, getting rid of any lumps that may form.
6. Put the cheese and mix well.
7. Add the macaroni and mix well.
8. Place the macaroni and cheese into a buttered casserole dish.
9. In a small skillet, melt the remaining butter and add the Panko crumbs. Fry the crumbs until they start to brown.
10. Sprinkle the Panko crumbs on the macaroni and cheese and place in the oven.
11. Bake for 40 minutes, until crumbs are browned and cheese is bubbly.
12. In a serving plate, serve the macaroni and cheese. You may sprinkle extra cheese on top, if you want.