1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Prepare a 9 x 11 glass baking dish by spraying it with nonstick cooking spray.
3. In a very large bowl, whisk the eggs until slightly beaten. Add the buttermilk and half & half to the eggs and whisk for about a minute just to combine.
4. Bring 2½ quarts of water to a boil in a large pot over high heat.
5. Add ¼ cup of kosher salt to the pot of boiling water.
6. Add the cavatappi to the boiling salted water and stir so the pasta doesn’t stick.
7. Cook the pasta for about 4- 5 minutes.
8. In the meantime add the cheese to the egg mixture, reserve half a cup of sharp cheddar cheese for topping at a later stage.
9. Break up the goat cheese into small pieces throughout the mixture and mix.
10. Add grand diamond all-purpose seasoning and garlic powder. Stir well.
11. Once the pasta is done, drain and set aside.
12. Completely melt the butter in a small sauce pan over medium-low heat.
13. Put the pasta in the egg mixture along with the melted butter and mix well.
14. Pour the mixture into the dish and spread out evenly.
15. Top with the reserved cheddar cheese.
16. Bake in the preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes.