How to Make Mac & Cheese
|Elbow macaroni/Penne pasta||1 Pound|
|Full fat milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Smoked gouda cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs) (or more if needed)|
|Gruyere||1 Cup (16 tbs) (or more if needed)|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs) (or more if needed)|
|Smoked paprika||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (for greasing)|
1. Preheat the oven to 20 - 25 minutes.
2. Grease a casserole dish with 2 tablespoons of butter.
3. In a pot with boiling salted water, cook pasta as per packet directions.
4. Drain the pasta and set aside.
5. In a saucepan, heat together cream, milk and butter, but do mot allow to boil.
6. Once the butter is melted add in all the cheese, reserving little for topping, stir until the cheese melts and the mixture gets thick.
7. Turn off the heat and add in the egg, salt and pepper and stir well to combine.
8. In a casserole dish, place the pasta and pour the cheese sauce on top, toss to mix.
9. Sprinkle the reserved cheese, paprika, thyme on top.
10. Bake in oven for about 20 to 25 minutes or until light brown on top.
11. Serve hot as desired.
Calories 808 Calories from Fat 444
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g78.6%
Saturated Fat 29.8 g149.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 216.3 mg72.1%
Sodium 379.5 mg15.8%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g19.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.3%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 27 g54.3%
Vitamin A 33.7% Vitamin C 0.75%
Calcium 49.2% Iron 12.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet