Macaroni & Cheese-3 Ways
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated, divided|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), shredded|
|American cheese slices||1⁄4 Pound, chopped|
|Egg yolk||1 Medium, beaten|
|Cooked elbow macaroni||8 Ounce, cooked|
|For macaroni & cheese chowder|
|Chicken broth||14 Ounce, canned|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Elbow macaroni||1 Cup (16 tbs), uncooked|
|Cheese spread||8 Ounce (pasteurized processed)|
|Cooked ham||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Frozen corn||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For pizza mac & cheese|
|Macaroni and cheese||7 1⁄4 Ounce (package)|
|Eggs||2 Medium, beaten|
|Pizza sauce||16 Ounce|
|Sliced pepperoni||4 Ounce|
|Shredded mozzarella cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
For Mac & Cheese Nuggets
1. Preheat the oven to 425 F.
2. Lightly grease mini muffin cups and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, tapping out excess cheese.
3. In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
4. Add in flour; and stir for 2 minutes.
5. Pour in the in milk and whisk until boiling, for about 5 minutes.
6. Mix in Cheddar and American cheeses and stir well.
7. Take the pan off the heat and stir until smooth.
8. In a bowl, whisk together egg yolk and paprika, and fold in macaroni until well coated.
9. Using a ice cream scoop, scoop mixture into prepared tins.
10. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan on top.
11. Bake at 425 degrees until hot and golden, about 10 minutes.
12. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes, transfer to a serving plate.
13. Serve hot as desired.
For Macaroni & Cheese Chowder
1. In a saucepan, heat broth and water to boil over medium heat.
2. Put in the macaroni and cook until tender, for about 12 minutes.
3. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in cheese spread, ham, corn and milk.
4. Allow to simmer stirring continuously until cheese is melted.
5. Serve hot as desired.
For Pizza Mac & Cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 370 F.
2. Prepare macaroni and cheese according to package directions and remove from heat.
3. Put in the eggs and stir well.
4. In a greased 13"x9" baking pan, pour the macaroni mixture and bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven, spread with pizza sauce and layer pepperoni and mozzarella cheese on top.
6. Return to oven until cheese melts, about 10 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
8. Serve as desired.
Calories 578 Calories from Fat 296
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.9%
Saturated Fat 17.7 g88.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 147.1 mg49%
Sodium 1353.8 mg56.4%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g13.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.7%
Sugars 7.6 g
Protein 29 g57.6%
Vitamin A 25.6% Vitamin C 8.8%
Calcium 51.9% Iron 9.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet