Easy Macaroni Cheese
|Cheese sauce||1⁄2 Pint|
|Cheese||2 Ounce, grated|
|Breadcrumbs||1 Tablespoon (crisp)|
1. In a pan, take 1 1/2 pints boiling water. Add 1 level teaspoon salt to it. Stir it to dissolve well.
2. Add macaroni to it.
3. Cook on a medium flame till macaroni becomes tender. Do not overcook; elbow length quick-cooking macaroni takes only 7 minutes.
4. Drain it in a colander.
5. In a hot dish, transfer the contents from the colander and pour cheese sauce over it.
6. Spread cheese and breadcrumbs over it. Also top it with margarine or butter in several small pieces.
7. Bake it for near the top of a moderately hot oven at 400°F or Gas Mark 5 or put it under a hot grill.
8. Serve Macaroni Cheese immediately.
Calories 551 Calories from Fat 310
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g51.5%
Saturated Fat 11.1 g55.7%
Trans Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 29.8 mg9.9%
Sodium 1181.8 mg49.2%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.2%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 15 g30.4%
Vitamin A 15.8% Vitamin C 0.02%
Calcium 30.4% Iron 10.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet