|Potatoes||8 Ounce, peeled and diced in large pieces (250 Gram)|
|Uncooked macaroni||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Onions||4 Ounce, peeled and sliced (100 Gram)|
|Cheddar cheese||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Pint (125 Milliliter)|
1) Place the potatoes in a pan with approximately 3 pints (1 1/2 1) salted water.
2) Boil the potatoes, add the macaroni, and cook till soft.
3) Grease a casserole.
4) Gently fry the onion in the butter till golden, and remove from the pan.
5) Add the milk to the butter and bring to the boil.
6) Layer the mixture into the casserole the potatoes, macaroni and cheese, finishing with cheese.
7) Pour over the boiling milk and butter.
8) Place the onions on top.
9) Serve the macaroni immediately with some bread.