|Cheese||4 Ounce, grated|
|Made mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk/Milk and macaroni water||1⁄2 Pint|
|Sippets||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Toast Or Fried Bread)|
1. Preheat oven moderate to 375°.
2. Break macaroni into small pieces.
3. In a saucepan boil 2 pints (approximately) boiling water with 1 teasp salt and cook macaroni in it for (20-30 mins).
4. In another saucepan make sauce from the fat, flour and milk and add 3 ozs grated cheese, the made mustard, 1 teasp salt and the pepper.
5. Adjust seasoning if required.
6. Add macaroni and stir to mix.
7. Grease a pie dish (1 1/2 pint) and transfer macaroni into it.
8. Sprinkle remaining cheese over it and brown under grill.
9. If made previously, bake in the top of a moderate oven (375°) for 40-45 mins until brown.
10. Garnish with triangles or half-moons of toast or fried bread.
11. Serve with grilled or baked tomatoes, water-cress or endive.
Calories 267 Calories from Fat 142
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.7%
Saturated Fat 9.9 g49.4%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 48.7 mg16.2%
Sodium 1193.9 mg49.7%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.72 g2.9%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 12 g23.1%
Vitamin A 9.8% Vitamin C 0.02%
Calcium 27.8% Iron 5.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet