Romertopf Macaroni and Cheese With Cauliflower
|Grated cheese||4 Ounce|
1) Preheat the oven to 400F.
2) In a pot of salted boiling water, cook the macaroni al dente. Drain and transfer the pasta back into the pot.
3) Slowly, stir in the grated cheese.
4) Cut the cauliflower into small sprigs. Arrange few of them at the bottom of a soaked romertopf.
5) Add in a layer of macaroni and cheese. Spread it evenly.
6) Sprinkle salt and pepper on top.
7) Repeat the cauliflower and macaroni layers, ending with the pasta on top.
8) In a saucepan, melt butter. Add in flour. Stir till the flour changes color slightly. Continuing heating. Keep stirring while slowly pouring in the milk.
9) Boil for 2 to 3 minutes till the sauce become thick in consistency.
10) Take the pan off the flame and add in the egg.
11) Pour into the romertopf. Cover the vessel and cook for about 1/2 hour.
12) Take the lid off the romertopf and cook for 15 more minutes till the top has browned slightly.
13) Serve the Romertopf Macaroni and Cheese With Cauliflower hot, garnished with chopped parsley leaves.
Calories 390 Calories from Fat 159
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.7%
Saturated Fat 10.4 g51.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 99.9 mg33.3%
Sodium 593.9 mg24.7%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.5%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 20 g40.9%
Vitamin A 8.8% Vitamin C 43.8%
Calcium 41.1% Iron 12.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet