Stove Top Macaroni and Cheese
|Elbow macaroni||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground nutmeg||2 Dash (not too much)|
|Parmesan cheese||3 Tablespoon, freshly grated|
1) Cook macaroni according to package instructions.
2) Drain the macaroni thoroughly.
3) Take an 8x8-inch baking dish and spray it lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
4) Preheat the broiler.
5) In a medium saucepan, place the macaroni.
6) Add milk, whipping cream, and nutmeg.
7) Boil the macaroni and cook over medium heat about 6 to 8 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
8) Watch carefully the last couple of minutes to prevent macaroni from sticking to pan; stir frequently.
9) Pour the macaroni into greased baking dish.
10) Sprinkle evenly with Parmesan cheese.
11) Place the dish under preheated broiler and broil 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is golden.
12) Serve the Macaroni and cheese with crispy toasted bread.