Crisp Topped Macaroni With Tuna
|Chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Short cut macaroni||1⁄2 Pound|
|Soft bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned tuna||7 Ounce (1 can)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Peel and chop the onion.
2) Divide cauliflower into florets and cook in boiling salted water for 4 minutes.
3) Roughly chop anchovies and add to pan with bread crumbs.
4) Preheat the broiler.
5) In a large saucepan, melt 2 tbsp of the butter and fry the onion till golden.
6) Add the chicken broth and seasoning.
7) Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
8) With a slotted spoon remove the cauliflower from boiled water and reserve.
9) Add macaroni to boiling water and cook till tender.
10) Meanwhile, melt remaining butter in a skillet and fry cauliflower till golden.
10) Fry anchovies till crisp.
11) Remove from heat.
12) Drain the macaroni and add to the broth mixture.
13) Drain and flake tuna and stir carefully into the macaroni with half the Parmesan.
14) Taste and adjust seasoning and heat through gently.
15) In a flameproof dish, pour the macaroni mixtureand scatter cauliflower and bread crumb mixture over it.
16) Sprinkle with remaining cheese, then broil for 5 minutes till golden.
17) Serve hot macaroni immediately.