Farmhouse Macaroni And Cheese
|Sharp cheddar cheese||1 Pound, coarsely shredded|
|Elbow macaroni||1⁄2 Pound, boiled in salted water for about 10 minutes, or till barely tender, and then drained|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
1) Preheat oven to temperature 325 degrees.
2) Into a greased 5 to 6-cup baking dish, turn the cooked macaroni and toss it with the butter till the butter has melted.
3) Add 3 to 3 ½ cups of the cheese. Toss it with the macaroni as well.
4) Mix together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
5) All over the macaroni pour the mixture.
6) Sprinkle the remainder of the cheese all over.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes, till the milk has been absorbed and the cheese on the top has melted into a golden-hued mass.
8) Serve the Farmhouse Macaroni and Cheese while it is still hot. Place on a serving platter and serve as an appetizer or snack. Bread can be served on the side to complete the meal.
Calories 747 Calories from Fat 356
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g68.3%
Saturated Fat 23.8 g118.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 239.5 mg79.8%
Sodium 1263.9 mg52.7%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15.1%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8%
Sugars 5.2 g
Protein 40 g80%
Vitamin A 29.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 87.8% Iron 8.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet