Macaroni Stuffed Shells
|Catelli sea shells||12 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Onion||4 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Cottage cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned shrimp||7 Ounce, drained, flaked (1 Can)|
|Frozen spinach||10 Ounce, cooked, drained and chopped (1 Package)|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
1) Cook the sea shells according to package directions.
2) Drain and rinse with cold water.
3) Drain again and chill.
4) Preheat the oven to 375°F, for baking.
4) In a frying pan, add oil and cook celery and half of the onion until tender. Drain well.
5) Combine the cooked celery and onion with cottage cheese, shrimp, spinach, egg, salt, oregano, lemon juice and pepper. Mix well.
6) Stuff the cooked sea shells with this mixture and keep aside.
7) In a saucepan, cook the rest of the onion in hot oil until soft.
8) Blend in flour and salt to the onion.
9) Gradually add milk and chicken broth.
10) Cook, stirring until the sauce thickens.
11) Then, add cheese.
12) In a baking dish, pour half of this sauce.
13) Arrange the stuffed shells in 2 layers in the sauce.
14) Bake in the preheated oven, covered, for 15 minutes.
15) Sprinkle the remaining sauce on top and bake again, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
16) Garnish with parsley, if desired, before serving.