Ham Macaroni Bake
|Elbow macaroni||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Onion||1 Small, grated|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sliced cheddar cheese||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Cubed baked ham||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Frozen lobster tails||10 Ounce (1 Package, South African Variety)|
|Cherry tomatoes||16 , washed and stemmed|
1. As per label directions cook macaroni, drain and keep hot.
2. In a medium-size frying pan while macaroni cooks, saute onion until soft in 2 tablespoons of the butter or margarine.
3. Set remaining 1 tablespoon butter or margarine aside.
4. Into the pan, stir in flour, mustard and pepper and cook with constant stirring such that bubbly.
5. Stir in milk, continue cooking and stirring such that sauce thickens and boils for 1 minute.
6. Take half of the cheese slices, cut them up and stir into the sauce such that the cheese is melted.
7. Make 6 strips out of the remaining cheese slices.
8. In a buttered shallow 8-cup baking dish combine drained macaroni and ham.
9. Pour over the cheese sauce and arrange cheese strips in spoke fashion, on top.
10. Place in moderate oven at 350° and bake for 30 minutes such that bubbly-hot.
11. Cook lobster tails as per package directions, then drain and cool such that easy to handle.
12. Using scissors, remove the thick membrane on underside of shell by cutting through.
13. With the help of fingers of one hand remove the lobster meat by peeling hard shell back and pulling meat toward you with the other.
14. On a cutting board with a sharp thin-blade knife slice the meat half lengthwise.
15. In a medium-size frying pan in the saved 1 tablespoon butter or margarine saute lobster for 2 to 3 minutes such that heated through and arrange on top of casserole.
16. In the same pan saute tomatoes for 3 minutes such that the skins start to pop and mound in center.
17. Serve hot with optional garnish.