Easy Macaroni And Cheese
|Canned chicken broth/Canned beef broth||46 Fluid Ounce (1 Can)|
|Uncooked spiral macaroni||12 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), divided|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||8 Ounce (2 Cups)|
|Crackers||30 , coarsely crushed|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) Heat the broth and bring it to a boil in a large heavy saucepan. Add the macaroni and continue cooking, as per the instructions on the package, omitting the salt.
3) Drain the mixture and reserve 2 cups of broth for future use. If required, add some water. Keep aside.
4) Place a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and melt 1/4 cup of margarine. Beldn in the flour and then add the reserved broth very gradually, constantly stirring till the mixture becomes thick and starts to boil.
5) Cook and stir for 2 more minutes and then stir in the cheese till it melts.
6) In a 2-quart casserole, combine together the cheese sauce and macaroni.
7) Melt the 1/4 cup of margarine still remaining and stir in the cracker crumbs.
8) Sprinkle the mixture all over the macaroni mix.
9) Bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes.
10) Serve hot.