|Elbow macaroni||8 Ounce|
|Canned tomatoes||16 Ounce, undrained (2 Cups)|
|Low sodium baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canned tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Cup)|
|Low fat cottage cheese||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs) (At Room Temperature)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Frozen chopped spinach||10 Ounce, thawed and squeezed dry (1 Package)|
|Frozen peas||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), thawed|
|Dried basil leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped toasted california walnuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to 350 degree.
2) Boil 6 quarts water with 1 tablespoon salt.
3) Add macaroni and cook for 8 minutes or until tender ensuring to stir occasionally.
4) Drain macaroni and keep aside.
5) Take a large bowl, add tomatoes with juice, baking soda, and stir in tomato sauce.
6) Take a fork and break the tomato into pieces.
7) Stir in cottage cheese, spinach, peas, Parmesan cheese, basil, pepper, toss, and keep aside.
8) Add macaroni to cheese mixture and mix well.
9) Take a 2 1/2 quart baking dish, grease with oil, and pour the macaroni mixture in it.
10) Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
11) Uncover and bake 10 minutes more.
12) Garnish with walnuts and parsley and serve.