Macaroni Cheese And Tomato
|Quick cooking macaroni||6 Ounce|
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Pint|
|Mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Leveled), made|
|Cheddar cheese||6 Ounce, grated|
1) To a lot of boiling salted water, add the macaroni and allow it to cook for about 7 minutes. Once cooked, drain the macaroni and wash it under hot water for about a minute.
2) Into boiling water, put the tomatoes for about 1 minute and peel off the skins. Slice one tomato and keep it aside for topping. Deseed and coarsley chop the other tomatoes and keep aside.
3) To make the cheese sauce, in a saucepan, melt the margarine or butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour and gently cook for about a minute. Do not let the mixture turn brown.
4) Stir in the milk very gradually, beating well constantly to make a smooth sauce. Bring the mixture to a boil and add the seasoning. Add half of the grated cheese and mustard.
5) Gently cook for 5 minutes and then take the pan off the heat. Add the cooked macaroni as well as the chopped tomatoes.
6) Into a hot buttered serving dish, pour the preparation and top with rows of the chopped tomato and the remaining grated cheese.
7) Grill the preparation till it is bubbling and thoroughly heated.
8) Serve hot with hot buttered toast.
Calories 714 Calories from Fat 459
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g79.9%
Saturated Fat 32 g160%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 155.8 mg51.9%
Sodium 881.3 mg36.7%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.7%
Sugars 24.3 g
Protein 35 g70.3%
Vitamin A 62.2% Vitamin C 39.1%
Calcium 104.5% Iron 8.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet