Baked Macaroni And Tomatoes
|Macaroni||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Chopped onion||3 Tablespoon|
|Bell pepper||1 Medium, chopped|
|Peeled seeded chopped tomatoes||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Grated sharp cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Cook macaroni in boiling salted water until tender. Drain thoroughly.
2. Cook onion and bell pepper in butter until tender. Add tomatoes and simmer about 5 minutes.
3. Add drained macaroni and salt. Mix well and simmer 10 minutes longer.
4. Arrange half of macaroni-tomato mixture in bottom of a greased casserole. Sprinkle with half of the grated cheese. Add remaining macaroni-tomato mixture and sprinkle top with remaining grated cheese.
5. Bake in a 400° oven until cheese is nicely browned, about 15 minutes.