Macaroni And Cheese
|Water||1 1⁄2 Gallon|
|Whole wheat macaroni||5 Cup (80 tbs), uncooked|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Grated cheddar cheese||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Grated mozzarella cheese||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Poppy seed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F
2. Grease a large baking dish or casserole with oil or butter.
1. In a large sauce pan, combine 1 1/2 gallons of water with 1teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of oil and place of a high flame.
2. When the water comes to a boil, add the macaroni and boil the pasta for 15 minutes until it is cooked al dente.
3. In a colander, drain the macaroni.
4. In a large saucepan, melt the butter over a medium flame.
5. Stir in the flour and sauté in the butter for 2 minutes until well blended.
6. Taking pan off the heat, gradually pour in the milk and stir continuously until well blended.
7. Return pan on the flame and bring to a boil, stirring constantly to prevent lumps in the sauce.
8. When the sauce thickens, add the Cheddar and the salt and stir till the cheese melts.
9. Add the drained macaroni into the sauce and mix well.
10. Turn the macaroni and sauce into the greased baking dish
11. Generously scatter the cheese to cover the top and sprinkle the poppy seeds.
12. Place the baking dish on the middle level of the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.
13. Serve piping hot, straight from the oven.